CP-2101 Small Block Chevy V8 Engine Mounting Kit for 1935-1940 Ford
Engine Mounting Kit to fit small block Chevy V8 into 1935-1940 Ford car and pick-up. Chassis Engineering engine side mounts eliminate frame breakage caused by the "wedge action" of stock type Chevy mounts.
Engine mounts fit:
- Chevy V8, 1958-up : 283, 302, 307, 327, 350, 400 CI Small Block
- Chevy V6 with the distributor at rear
- Bolt on frame adapters
- Chassis Engineering engine side mounts
- Thru bolt cushion set
- Hardware & instructions
- CP-2101 Bolt-on Mounting Kit for 1935-1940 Ford, link
- CP-2101P Weld-on Mounting Kit for 1935-1940 Ford with Chassis Engineering IFS, link
- CP-2101G Weld-on Mounting Kit for 1935-1940 Ford with non-Chassis Engineering Pinto Mustang IFS, link
Installation Instructions for CP-2101 Engine Swap Kit For Chevy Small Block V8 For 1935-1940 Ford Car and 1941 Ford Pickup
1. Remove the original engine and transmission.
2. > ENGINE MOUNTING Frame adapters are installed on top of frame lips.
3. To find the correct mounting position, use a carpenters square.
4. Measure from edge of holes; Dimensions are all center to center (not edge to edge). Note: (1935-1936 Ford) Crossmember holes may be 1". Allow for a smaller hole when measuring. Hole should be 1 1/4". The engine is centered using these measurements.
5. Clamp mounts into place. Drill upper bolt holes through the frame to 3/8". Fasten bolts finger tight. Clamp lower flange and adapter using approximately the same spacing as the upper bolts, on all except the lower left front hole. Drill it through rebound cushion hole already in frame.
6. Install bolts and tighten. Bolt offset engine mount to left side of engine, install rubber cushion set as shown.
7. Exhaust manifold clearance can be had, even with power steering, by using a 1968-1969 Chevy Pickup R.H. manifold on the left side.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The instructions were easy to follow and they were a quality product.
I can't recall any Chassis Engineering product that I have purchased [and that is quite a lot] that has not been top rate.
As easy to install as anything can be, its obvious why they are so popular
Was very easy to install, and the quality is excellent making everything stronger.